Friday, December 3, 2010

FEATURE STORY 14

A wife, a daughter, an employee, a mom with 4 kids and a MASTER Graduate!


25 November 2010 is an unforgettbale moment of my life. On this day, I am conferred the Master of Education in TESL by the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Mizan at Dewan Sri Budiman, UiTM, Shah Alam.


I have been dreaming of this moment of my life since a long time ago. I never thought I would make it here. Even when I was on the stage receiving my scroll from the King, I was still thinking, is this real?


I was in UiTM at approximately 7.15am that morning and we entered via the Padang Jawa gate. There, we had to park our car at the car park provided and boarded the UiTM bus to reach the convocation venue.

The bus was full and we had to stand all the way. It didn't feel tiring although I had to stand on my heels. I could that mom, dad, kids and especially hubby were looking anxious and happy for this moment. Even my bibik was looking bright.

We arrived at the Dewan Budiman area and disembarked the bus. There were so many people. It was like people tsunami. I was looking for familiar faces. There were none nearby. I had to leave my parents, kids and hubby and went to locate for the place where I should assemble. It seemed you  need to go as the number stated on your card.

There I was standing while listening to the briefing by the people in charge. Suddenly I heard something unbelievable! That man said "para graduan wanita tidak dibenarkan memakai seluar". What??? This couldn't be happening. I was wearing a "seluar". What on earth would I get a change? Shucks! Don't tell me I could not convocate in these? Then, I approached THE man and he said, "puan boleh pergi ke kaunter dan dapatkan pinjaman kain". Okay, this is SOOOOO great. Would I fit in to the kain? This is turning to be ridiculous.

Yeay! A few minutes later, I got the loaned "kain" and quickly changed into it. Tada! I fit into the kain very nicely. So, I would be able to convocate after all. Yippie!

My parents, kids and hubby couldn't enter the hall as it was already overloaded with people. They had to wait at other rooms and watched my ceremony via the television placed in the room. After waiting for almost 2++ hours, then my turn came. I was nervous but at the same time feeling sooooooooo nervous and touched. I couldn't believe the moment actually came. Full 3 years of struggling, I finally did it!

When I exited the hall later, my family were waiting for me - parents with flowers and kids each with a teddy bear+flowers in their hands. I couldn't help my tears running down my cheeks. My hubby grabbed and hugged me and said he was very proud of me. Gosh! I couldn't stand it and whispered to him "thank you for everything - your time, your sacrifices and also your money!" Then, my parents hugged and kissed me. My mom couldn't control her tears. She kept on crying so I continued crying too. Never thought all of them would be proud of me.

But to tell the truth, I am so proud of myself too. I did it! I showed my kids that nothing stopped mommy from pursuing her dreams - not her marriage, not her job, neither it is her kids.

Thank you Allah, for all the blessings you have given me throughout. Subhanallah. Alhamdulillah. Amin.

No comments: