Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Yesterday was Mother's Day celebration and it coincidentally was also my one and only son's birthday. We had a simple but fun celebrations the whole day. 

It started with a simple chapatti breakfast at Kapitan Ampang and then a great lunch with 20 others of Abdul Aziz & Co. members at Johnny's AEON AU2. Later, we had coffee at Coco Cafe and there was a prize giving for all Moms and Dads of Az.Co. 

Later in the evening, my husband, my son and I went to the gym whilst the girls were sent over to gramps. After gym we went for a simple dinner to complete the day at Hameed's. There I said that the day had been a great day and would have been greater if my one and only son wished me Happy Mother's Day too. He kept quiet all the way during dinner. So, I figured, yea, boys are as such. They don't actually care. But I was pretty sure that they still love their moms despite not knowing how to express themselves. 

When we got home last night, I was busy preparing my lunch for today when my son came to the kitchen and asked whether I have checked my Whatsapp message. I said "no" and that I would check later. I was thinking, yea, he sent a mother's day wish to me. And I thought it would be a simple "Happy Mother's Day, Ummi" kind of thing. However, it wasn't. It was surprisingly a long one for a boy who doesn't say much. 

I was so touched, I cried quite badly because I realised how great Allah is for granting me such a life that I have. It might not be a great life for others, but it definitely is a great life for me. Just to share, below is what my son wrote in my his Whatsapp message to me:

[11/5 21:43] Along - Son: Hey.
I purposely wanted to wish you late as this day ends at 12am.

Sorry I didnt do anything special like the girls did.
Well, I really didnt know what to do, because the girls made the bed, and I cant make breakfast for u because we had breakfast outside.
Im gonna promise u smthing at the end of this message.
Firstly, Im gonna start this with "Happy Ummi's Day."
Ummi, I really dont know what to do without u.
Who am I without u?
You've been by my side everytime and I thank Allah for giving me such an awesome mum.
For example,
When Im sad, you are always there to cheer me up.
And when the time I had dengue, u wasted money on juices , kiwi and you even had the time to cook crab soup even though you're busy.


[11/5 21:43] Along - Son: You always sacrifice for ur kids,
Even if ur really hungry, if we ask for some u will still give it to us.
And everyday, you give about ten ringgit for my duit belanja. Imagine how much for a month.U'll always find money for ur children. I guess thats how great mums are.
Oh yea,
When im feeling lonely, I always know who to talk to, just open my whatsapp, and find the contact named "Ummi". You will always be there.
I know u are unhappy if im in the room doing nothing. I know that I should be studying. I'll try to change.
And I also wanna say sorry if I ever had hurt you or break your heart.
I hope u forgive me.
Well, still have more things to say but, I think I should stop here.
Remember the promise I mentioned about in the beginning of this message?


[11/5 21:43] Along - Son: This is the promise.
I promise to myself that I will try to put a smile on your face.
I know Im not really good at keeping promises, but I'll try. JUST FOR YOU.
Once again, Happy Ummi's Day to the greatest ,'awesomest' ,'bestest' most generous,kindest and I couldnt think of any word to describe u already.
I Love You, Ummi.


Well, now you understand why I said I cried quite badly, right? Anyway, once again, Thank You Allah for all the wonderful things You have given me in this life I have today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried too...