Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FEATURE STORY 8

Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day Special

2 Most Sacrificial People in the World

Since Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day are just around the bend, I would like to share my humble view on the two MOST sacrificial people in the world – your world and mine.

I came back from lunch today with three missed calls on my cell phone. They were from my significant half. Ermm… I looked at the phone and wondered why he called so many times. Must be something urgent. Or he wouldn’t call me continuously like that. Not feeling too good about it, I immediately returned his call.

His line was breaking quite badly, and in between the breakings, I heard that our 2-month old nephew is now hospitalized at Selayang Hospital since last Wednesday, and no one told us about it.

I called my sister-in-law and her husband picked up the call instead, and informed me that their son was admitted due to his problem in breathing. I recalled that a week ago, on April 19, we went back to my husband’s hometown and at that time he was already having the problem. I was then thinking that it was quite normal since two of my own children have had it before. My sister-in-law said that the baby, Ashraff, was not able to burp every time after feeding. He would make some snorting sound and he looked like he was having difficulty in breathing. I told her to apply some Vicks on Ashraff’s chest, back and front, and maybe after that he might feel a little better.

At that moment, when I looked at my sis-in-law’s face, I was saying to myself that she is so strong. She was not showing any signs of worry. Nor was there any sign of unhappiness. Wow…I said to myself, I could never do that. I am easily panicked. Easily alarmed by any “abnormalities” on any of my children.

I still remembered when my third child, Achik, went into fits due to very high fever some time last year. I was getting ready to go back to office after coming home to give her the medications. But she was asleep. So, I told bibik that her medications were due the moment she got up. Then, just a few minutes before I left, I peeped into bibik’s room to check on her, when I saw her legs stiffing and moving uncontrollably. I sensed something was wrong and ran into the room. I couldn’t bear the sight that something was wrong with my daughter. I straight away grabbed her in my arms and took the car keys (without even putting on my tudung) and headed directly (even dangerously driving with only one hand while the other was holding my daughter) to the nearest hospital.

Parents, especially mothers, are as such. Always wanting the best for their children. Often easily shaken by their children’s illnesses. Never ever stop hoping, wishing and praying for their children’s well-being. No matter how much the world has changed, how high the ocean tide has risen, how bad the cyclone hit Myannmar, parents’, specifically a mother’s love, affection and care will NEVER EVER be altered.

And that’s the true beauty of parents. They are always there for us no matter what. Their love is unconditional. Their love has no boundaries. Their love knows no end. So, for these two most sacrificial beings in our life, let us all wish them (and ourselves, too) a very meaningful Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day and may God bless them with all the goodness for everything that they have done or given us.

Thank You, Ma and Pa. Thank You, Mak and Abah. We love you from the deepest of our hearts. Subhanallah.

No comments: