Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FEEDER ENTRY 6

How Stupid Can A Man Be?

It was the "stupidest" show I have ever witnessed in my entire 35 years of life. There was these two men. Both are prominent figures in the society. One is representing the government and another was, of course against the government, a de facto of the opposition party. It was a debate on the price of petrol in the country. My husband told me that he didn't want to miss the program. He said if you want me to follow you out tonight, we would have to be home by 9 o'clock. Wow, I said to myself, that this must be something important if he couldn't miss it.

Well, as planned, at 9pm sharp he switched to Channel 501 on Astro. There the show was. And I was excited because for the 1st time in 10 years that this man (whom I actually admire so much) was "permitted" to appear live on National TV. Wow, big leap for Malaysia. So, yes, I listened to how the format of the show would be for the night. Then, I saw him there. Standing behind the rostrum. Looking as always, confident and intelligent. And the other man, whom I shall address as "gundu" from here onwards, who looked entirely the opposite. I told myself, nah it's OK to look like what he did because for an uneducated person to look like that on TV was good enough. Am I right, gundu?

When they started debating, I couldn't help but to continue realizing and convincing myself that the gundu is nowhere compared to the de facto leader. All his responses were lame. No facts whatsoever. Everytime he opened his mouth to utter something, it sounded like a sour grape "makcik kampung" gossipping with some other housewife neighbours of the same kampung (no offense...it's not that I have anything against any makciks in kampungs).

"...kalau boleh ingin ku kepul awan dilangit dengan nama Dr. Mahathir dan Siti Hasmah...hehehe" - Gosh! Can you imagine? A minister speaking as such?

It was all the way a vey idiotic journey for him that night. For every brainless thing he said, there were some morons who would applause. Damn! From there the whole of Malaysia could transparently see how UMNO people are like. It's sad though that you can't even see it for yourself. You're such a nincompoop and you don't know!!! or You're such a nincompoop and you don't know??? It was there and then that I felt so sorry for my self, for being a Malaysian, for having to absorb all these nonsense. And I am more sorry for those of you who were too blind to see. Who still forwarded their support to these fools and be double fools themselves. To my children, hang in there, mommy will save you from these madness.

Anyway, for those who did not watch the show, you have missed a lifetime opportunity to see how stupid a man can be. Twas a perfect example.

No comments: