Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FEEDER ENTRY 7

A Sad Ending (written on 16 July 2008 about 4pm)



This morning at 8.07 am, when I was getting ready for work, I received a sms from Fara my office friend. She said that she was with Jaja (another office friend) at HKL visiting Jaja's ex-husband who was beaten the night before. In her sms, Fara mentioned that Lang's (the ex-husband) head was badly crushed by the hit. She said that it was 90% damage and he only had 10% chance to live. They were both at the ICU of HKL waiting for miracles to happen. She also informed me that Lang was beaten up by a female colleague's fiance due to passionate reasons.

When my husband came out from the bathroom, I told him about that. He was shocked, too. Even though we don't know Lang that well, but we have had a few acquaintances with him. But one thing we both agreed on that he was a good looking man. While driving to work, I kept thinking of what Fara said. Only 10% chance to live. I quietly said to myself that I was doubtful that he could even survive the day.

Later on at the office I kept going to and fro Fara's room to get the story of what actually happened. But even until about 11+ she was still not in. I was already having the worst on my mind. I kept counting the time when Fara would call and tell me something I would not want to hear though I have expected it.

At about 2.26pm, my phone rang. Fara was on the other line. She informed me that Lang has passed away about 2 hours earlier. I stunted. Fara was crying. I wasn't able to say anything. I couldn't even get "innalillah" out from my mouth. The only thing I managed to say was "ye ke?" How dumb.

Anyway, I was still in hallucination even 30 minutes after. Not being able to digest the news. I went around school informing everyone I thought should know. Everybody said that it was tragic. A very sad ending for a nice man. Indeed it was.

To the late Wan Hazlan...Semoga roh mu dicucuri rahmat Allah dan ditempatkan bersama orang-orang yang beriman, inshaallah.

No comments: