Monday, April 28, 2008

FEATURE STORY

How Does It Feel Being 26-week Pregnant?
(Written on 14 February 2004)

This is my second pregnancy and the experience is just as beautiful as my first. What else could I ask for? I have been waiting for this pregnancy for more than 3 years now. When I just had Yadiy, my first child, my hubby and I planned to have the second one once Yadiy turned 2. It looks like we are 2 years behind time, now. I guessed there is a blessing in disguise here. Maybe then Yadiy was a little too naive to understand his roles as an elder brother. Maybe then he was too young to not be pampered any longer.

The cutest part is whenever he was asked whether he wanted a sister or a brother, Yadiy always insisted that it is a baby boy that I am carrying right now. Well, I don’t even know. The doctor doesn’t know either. I scanned twice already for the sex but came to no avail. Both times, the little one in me showed his bottom off! But Yadiy hasn’t moved an inch. He is almost sure that he is going to get a baby brother. Funny, eh, kids of today.

To be frank, I, too, wished for another son. My maternal instinct tells me that it is a boy I am having. I went through many websites and completed many surveys and questionnaires about the sex of a baby. And all gave the same exact answer. Boy! I pray now and then to Allah the Almighty that I will have another son, inshaallah.

Right now my baby is fairly active. I can feel its hiccups every now and then. Sometimes it stretches – maybe loosening its muscles, tired of being in the same position for way too long. I can feel sudden bulges on my tummy especially when I am relaxing, with nothing to do. I still visit the ladies’ frequently. For one reason is my being pregnant and another because I consume at least 2.5 liters of plain water a day. One major concern is catching gestational diabetes. So, I personally believe that by drinking a lot might prevent my getting diagnosed with it.

My next visit to the practitioner will be on 27 February 2004. I will then be 28-week pregnant, inshaallah. I really hope that this time around I will be able to see what the sex of my baby is. Maybe the baby thinks it is fun to play hide and seek with me but this time I will tell him, “I want to know whether you are a girl or boy. I need to do some shopping, you know?”

No comments: